The SEAMLESS Association can be seen as a continuation of the EU SEAMLESS project (See SEAMLESS in a nutshell), which developed an Integrated Framework for Integrated Assessments based on linkage of individual components (models, data, indicators) that enables analyses of the environmental, economic and social contributions of a multi-functional agriculture and the effects of a broad range of issues (e.g. climate change, new policies, innovation).
The aim of the SEAMLESS Association is twofold:
- Maintain and disseminate SEAMLESS components to:
- overcome fragmentation and poor re-use of modeling efforts concerning agricultural systems in Europe and beyond,
- facilitate model linkage for integrated studies,
- contribute to better informed process of impact assessment of agricultural and environmental policies,
- advance our scientific understanding of agricultural systems and their relation with sustainable development and integrated assessment.
- Enable and facilitate extension of SEAMLESS components and make a synthesis of improvements and extensions.
SEAMLESS Association office, Wageningen University
P.O. Box 430
6700 AK Wageningen
Tel.: +31 (0) 317 482141
Fax: +31 (0) 317 484892